Prevent Rat and Mice Infestations
With the mild weather this autumn running into November its a good idea to rodent proof your home before its gets really cold. The best way of preventing a rat or mouse problem is to keep them out of your house or business. Some of the main access points for rodents are drains, poorly fitting doors, chimneys, areas around cables which are run into the house for electricity or telecoms.
Total Pest Control can come to your home or place of work and draw up a list of issues that should be fixed in order to better exclude rodents.
Typical solutions might include the following
1. Seal cracks or gaps in the building structure (foundation to roof).
2. Seal any openings for water, sewer or drain pipes
3. Seal any opening greater that 1/4 inch
4. Ensure all doors and windows fit tightly (if gnawing is a problem use a sheet metal cover)
5. Use materials such as steel wool, sheet metal for plugging gaps as these are materials which the rat can't gnaw.
6. Examine air vents to ensure they are in good repair
So prevention is better than cure and we can help ensure that your home is less attractive to pests. But if Rats or Mice have already infested your home, call us now on 01 230 3580 and we'll be on site as soon as possible.